sábado, 24 de janeiro de 2015

F3 Euro Series: Signature to run Lotus F1 Junior drivers Boccolacci and Albon.


Alexander Albon from Thailand and Frenchman Dorian Boccolacci, by two years his junior, will be making their debut in the FIA Fórmula 3 European Championship behind the wheel of a Dallara-Volkswagen of the Signature team at Silverstone in April. Thus, French team Signature will be running two junior drivers of the Lotus F1 team in the 2015 Fórmula 3 European Championship.

“I am happy and I feel honoured by the trust that Lotus has placed in me to run two of its junior drivers to make their first steps in the FIA Fórmula 3 European Championship within my team,” Signature team principal Philippe Sinault said. “Both have already found their way into the team very well and have shown a good performance during the test sessions we have had so far. Now, it has to be our goal to follow the tracks of Esteban Ocon, who managed to win last year’s FIA Fórmula 3 European Championship as a Lotus Fórmula 1 junior driver as well”.

Alexander Albon, a Thai born in London, is advancing to the FIA Fórmula 3 European Championship with three years in Fórmula Renault 2.0 under his belt and he is looking forward to the new challenge: “I am happy to be a part of the Signature team now, which I rate as one of the best teams based on its achievements. I am still in the process of getting to know the Fórmula 3 car and my new team, but I have also been able to successfully work on my own performance during the first test sessions we have had”.

His new team-mate, Dorian Boccolacci, who steps up into the FIA Fórmula 3 European Championship as the runner-up from French Fórmula 4, has a similar view: “Like Alexander, I mainly used the first days of testing to get to know everything and I am feeling really well. However, for me, the step from Fórmula 4 to Fórmula 3 was a very big one, especially as I only have one year of experience in car racing. Now, I can hardly wait for the season to start”.

The first official pre-season test days are scheduled to take place at Valência on 17 and 18 March. On the second weekend of April, the young drivers have their first race meeting at the Fórmula 1 circuit of Silverstone in the UK.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário